Friday, October 14, 2011

~Green Monster~

No, I am not talking about halloween costumes I am making for the kids.  Actually, I don't even have any of that figured out yet.  Guess I should get on the ball with that one!

I am talking about the yummy, delicious, WAKE ME UP, better than listening to Christmas music (that is saying a TON right there) green monster smoothie.  yummmmmmmm!

I got the (most) ingredients a while back, but honestly the picture of it kind of frightened me and I kept telling myself it was too much work.  Pshaw.  It wasn't at all!!!  It was and still is (I'm still drinking it) delish!

I found the recipe here.  You should definitely check out more than just the smoothie though.  Her blog has tons of yummy recipes on it.

Doesn't it look Yummy???

I have officially learned the lesson that looks can be deceiving.  It looks like processed peas to me.

To make this you need:
1 cup chunked frozen pineapple
1 pear (I used canned and rinsed the syrup off)
1 1/2 cups orange juice
2 1/2 cups baby spinach leaves
3 Tbs ground flax seed

if you want to actually follow the recipe (seriously, does anyone actually do that?)
you will also need 1 banana cut up and 1-2 Tbs honey.

then blend away!

There are a couple of things missing from my picture and it was REALLY sunny in my kitchen.  Sorry!

Then drink and enjoy!  I promise it's delicious!!!

Update:  I made this yesterday and then got bananas today, so I tried it with that.  Both ways are wonderful.  The banana toned down the tartness a bit.



1 comment:

  1. I make a ton of smoothies...well mostly in the summer since I don't really like to drink cold things in the winter. This one looks good and I'll have to try it sometime.

    ReplyDelete