Sunday, February 5, 2012

~Superbowl Snacks~

OK.  This really IS about the Super Bowl.  I must face the fact that I have to share my birthday this year.  I'm OK with it.  I shared my wedding day with the Iowa, Iowa State football game.  All eyes were not on the bride that day.  Oh well.

What would a good football game be without some REALLY good food.  To the guys, it's still a good football game.  The food just makes it great!  To the girls, well, it's just another game.  That is if you are like me:)

For our Super Bowl we have made Creamy Chicken Taquitos, found here, potato skins, recipe to follow, bought buffalo wings, it is my birthday you know, and I am taking some of my red velvet cupcakes, if they stay here I will eat ALL of them.  My thighs will thank me later.

Recipe for Potato Skins:  Serves 20
You will need:
  • 10 large russet potatoes


  • salt and pepper


  • 10 -15 slices bacon (cooked until crisp and chopped) I used an entire package.


  • 3 -4 cups cheddar cheese    


  • 6 -7 green onions , finely chopped


  • sour cream 



  • Preheat oven to 400*. 
    Prepare potatoes for baking by washing, drying and then rubbing them with olive oil. 
    Bake for approx 1 hour or until the potatoes are tender.
    Cool until able to handle.
    Slice Potatoes in half, lengthwise.
    Scoop out the pulp, leaving approx 1/2 inch of pulp to help hold the skins together.
    Place the skins on a baking sheet, that is sprayed with cooking spray, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
    Combine your cooked and chopped bacon with your cheddar cheese.
        (you can also add some garlic salt or cayenne pepper to the cheese mixture to add even more flavor)
    Evenly divide the cheese mixture into each skin.  (I had some cheese mixture left over and used it with my pulp that I scooped out.)
    You can cover at this point and refrigerate for 24 hours or bake them for 25 minutes or until the skins are crisp and the cheese is melted.
    Top with the sour cream and green onions.

    I prepared these yesterday and will bake them when I get to my party.

    By the way......  GO GIANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




    No comments:

    Post a Comment