Monday, September 19, 2011

~Absence Makes The Heart Grow Fonder~

Well, time has gotten away from me once again, but I think I was kind of heading towards a hiatus after re-reading my last post.  I am happy to announce that things are back to normal (as normal as they can be) and my priorities have been re prioritized and put in their proper place.  I have actually been wanting to blog for a while but my husband got something sweet called an ipad and my small brain couldn't seem to figure out how to blog from it, AND my computer is in a corner in the basement in which I was too lazy to walk down to.  Just keepin it real folks!

I am going to post pics later of the no longer light gray carpet.  FINALLY a project completed.  It's probably complete because I really had nothing to do with it.  My attention span is pretty short, so if it takes over, oh.... let's say two hours, I'm ready to move on.  This project took about a month and I was seriously just ready to just live with things the way they were.  PROMISE!!!  PINKY PROMISE!!!!  pics tomorrow.

Today I have decided to start an organizing Monday.  Maybe we can call it.... ok, I got nothin.  Technically Sunday is the day that I get things ready for the following, very busy, week.  But I am not going to add blogging to my Sundays so we are just going to go with the flow of Organizing Monday.  I'm going to start from my front door and work my way through each room of my house and explain how I keep things picked up, organized while making my life as easy as it possibly can be.  I like easy!
 
First up is the front entry way:
                                                                                                   ~teeny tiny itty bitty~
It can be a horrible place.  Ours falls right in front of our stairs to the upper level and you can also see it through the windows on the side of our front door.  Horror to think that someone, even a salesman, might walk up, ring the door bell and look in to see shoes thrown around, coats on the floor and hats and gloves everywhere.  It's also itsy, bitsy...teeny, tiny.  Allot of events happen in this small space and I need to make sure that it is ready to handle the crazy running to the school bus mornings, or the "I'm home dear" moments, while still being welcoming for any visitors that stop by.
It wasn't long ago that the now nice beige, neutral tile, was a hunter green.  SHINY forest hunter green.  The people who lived here before really liked hunter green.  Anyway, you can see not allot of space.  To make things work for our needs I needed something to organize coats, shoes, hats, gloves, keep clutter down, and help me to easily clean it as everyone has to walk through that itty bitty space to either go up or to come down.  I hate tracking sand, grime, dirt and everything else around the house. 
 To organize everything, I use two things.  A coat rack that has a hook for each member of the family and a stool that can hold hats and gloves in the baskets and people can sit on to put their shoes on.  Now, most of our things are organized in the garage.  The children are NOT going to be wearing more than one coat at a time, so they are allowed one coat in the entryway.  Each school age child gets a basket for their hats and gloves as the rest of us are leaving through the garage where our things are stored.  Only necessities are kept in the entryway.  TEENY TINY space people!!  WORK WITH WHAT YOU HAVE and what your needs are.  As far as school bags, lunch boxes and so fourth go, they are stored in the garage, where my kids first go through when they get off the bus, until I get them every morning and lay out for each wonderful little angel.  Shoes are the same way.  Only the school age children need shoes there, so they start off in the garage and then head to the front entry every morning.  My husband also uses this space and just throws his things down.  I then throw them in the garage.  An eye for and eye people....:)  I do throw them with love! 
So that is the low down on the first thing you see when you walk in my door.  Tomorrow I will show you the new addition to my tiny space.  It only involved 30 glue sticks, 2 hours (the limit of my attention span.  I was cutting it close!) and some skin and blisters.  Totally worth it all.  I'm completely elated over it and can't wait to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment