Monday, September 19, 2011

~Thoughts From The Past~

I found this in my archive of saved posts for later. I enjoyed taking a moment to look back and remember those times. Even though they really weren't that long ago, those few months seem like years. If only they took that long to grow up. Enjoy!


I'm watching my two year old sweetly looking under the couch for a toy he had two seconds ago and has suddenly disappeared. He lifts up one side of the sofa skirt and makes a few sounds then lifts up the other one while making the same sounds, then repeats the process without moving. As he finds the toys he says "tada", pulls them out from under the couch puts them on the floor and then walks away from them.
My five year old asked if I could get ice-cream at the grocery store we were at yesterday. He said " Mom, can we PLEASE get some ice cream? We can hide it from dad". Dad really likes ice cream and ends up eating all of it. I responded by saying that maybe we could get two containers of ice cream so dad can have some as well. My son then says "we'll let dad have some and THEN we will hide it"
I've been enjoying my children lately. Sentiment has set in since I took my third child to kindergarten roundup. I hate to say it, but it does NOT get any easier. So I have been boo hooing and feeling quite sorry for myself recently.
On top of the emotions we are in the midst of updating certain areas in our home. To be more specific, the flooring on almost our entire main level which has escalated to the redo of our half bath. We decided to go ahead and tile the floor in there with the same tile that we were doing our entryway in. Well, our future goals for the bathroom were to take out the cabinet and sink and replace it with a pedestal sink, so we had to do that at the same time as the floors and now the current mirror won't look right with the new sink and then the light fixture looks totally out of place and then so does everything else in the bathroom. Good thing it's only a half bath and a small one at that, but somehow the cost is still atrocious. So our "piano room" aka formal sitting room, is now the resting place for the new sink, everything that came out of the bathroom, trim from the entryway and the bathroom and a box of wood flooring that hasn't even been started yet. The bad part of this reno hasn't even started yet and I'm beginning to go batty with the mess that somehow has built up everywhere. Apparently the viewpoint of children (and sometimes husbands) is that if one room in the house is that messy then all of them should be. I finally lost it last night and went on a major clean up mission.
But today I realize how fortunate I am to have this chaos and stress in my life. I'm blessed beyond belief to have the four children that cause some, most of that. I'm blessed to have a husband who is willing to tear apart our house and create the humongous mess that is causing most of that stress, in order to make it more beautiful than ever. I'm even blessed to have a house in which we can create the chaos in.
I'm sure that God often sees my heart the same way. A huge mess that needs lots of work, lots of cleaning and a whole lot of patience. I hope He sees me as a work in progress and not something that is not worth the time.
What things in your house can you relate to your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment