Tuesday, September 20, 2011

~Promise Kept~

I promised you yesterday that I would FINALLY show you our floors.  Just a quick recap of what I'm talking about.  The floors in our house were covered in either hunter green tile, linoleum with hunter green triangles in it or light gray carpet.  When we first looked at our house we knew immediately that we would be working on the floors.  It started in the master bathroom.  It had light gray carpet.  YES! Carpet in the bathroom.  I refused to move in until it was taken out because I was positive there was a "ring" around the toilet.  No one else saw it until we ripped the carpet out.  Sure enough..... a ring.  NASTY, GROSS, DISGUSTING!!!  Need I say more?   My father-in-law was so kind to tile it for us and have it ready before we moved in.  We thought we would start right away on the main floor but something came up.  Something called, Dave Ramsey.  He's my enemy and yet I love him.  Actually I've never met him, but he is still amazing!  Anyhow.... it took us a couple of years to save up the cash to do what we wanted to and of course the extras that we weren't expecting or decided to do on a whim.  If you read yesterdays second post from the past, you read about our half bath.  So, I didn't take pics before.  I know, bad, but that is on my goal list for, well, from now on. 

So, Just imagine this hunter green tile in the entryway and this light gray carpet everywhere else:

And after a month of tremendous effort and work on....my husband's part:)

WALLAH!!!
 The light gray carpet went into our dining room and was just super lovely with stains from coffee and spaghetti sauce all over it.  I was so sad to see it go.  NOT!!  Now a quick sweep, no more tears over the spilled milk, and a swiffer wet jet every so often.  I love it!  That's an understatement.  I love IT more than I love Dave Ramsey, but not as much as I love MY Dave:)

Now onto something that I actually did.  Yes, I do things too.  Remember, as long as it takes two hours or less;)  I love the Nester and I got this fabulous idea from her which she got from random other places.  I did allot of research on the paper wreath and ended up liking her version of it the best.  I won't show my process as it is everywhere online and you can go  here to see how the Nester did hers. 



I picked an aged book as I didn't want it to be stark white.  It ended up being much bigger than I had anticipated as well.  So, it took me 30 hot glue sticks, a couple of burned and blistered fingers and almost 2 hours to complete.  I WAS CUTTING IT CLOSE!!  The Nester said that hers took less than an hour, but I think I rolled my pages a little tighter, therefore needing more of them. 
I love it and hope you guys feel inspired to go craft away on something.  I know I feel inspired to do more. 

1 comment:

  1. The wreath is fabulous!!! Want to make one out of old sheet music.

    ReplyDelete